List of holidays
Here is a list of public holidays for the years 2019 and 2020 applicable to both public and private sectors.
- Gregorian New Year: 1 January
- Eid Al Fitr: From last day of the Islamic month of Ramadan to 3 Shawwal* (4 days)
- Arafah day and Eid Al Adha (Feast of Sacrifice): From 9 to 12 Dhu al Hijjah* (4 days)
- Hijri New Year: 1 Muharram* in 2019 and on 23 August in 2020
- Commemoration Day: 1 December (previously it was observed on 30 November)
- National Day: 2 and 3 December (2 days).
*Note: Islamic holidays are determined according to moon sighting.