In January 2016, Sheikh Mohammed launched Dubai Health Strategy 2021. The strategy features 4 main approaches, 6 objectives, 15 programmes and 93 initiatives, all of which are set to achieve a leap over the next five years. The aim is to provide the highest quality of medical care to patients with chronic diseases, promote a culture of early detection and raise awareness about the importance of regular check-ups.
The 4 approaches are: health and lifestyle, excellence in providing service, smart healthcare and governance.
The 6 objectives include:
- ensuring a healthy and safe environment for Dubai's people
- ensuring the provision of a high quality comprehensive and integrated health service system
- achieving innovation
- improving efficiency in providing healthcare
- creating an integrated database to be used for the smart government policy in taking decision
- creating an effective ecological system for healthcare sector in Dubai in collaboration with the private and public sectors.
Updated on 07 Mar 2017