Dubai Government's policy framework is intended to develop and implement a culture of data sharing and evidence-based decision-making in Dubai and will serve as a guide for all involved in the sharing of data. Towards this end, Dubai Data Strategy was launched.
Dubai Data Strategy works on these strategic objectives:
- Enable Dubai to achieve its smart city vision of becoming the happiest city.
- Manage data based on clear guidelines aligned with international best practices.
- Achieve integration and harmony between the services provided by federal government agencies and local government bodies.
- Optimise use of data for data providers.
- Promote transparency and establish governance rules on the dissemination and exchange of data.
- Increase efficiency of services provided by federal and local government entities, in terms of: level of quality, speed of delivery, simplification of procedures, and reduced operational costs.
- Increase competitiveness of data providers and raise UAE standing on international competitiveness indices.
- Improve decision making at federal and local levels to enable agencies to effectively process data, prepare policies, and implement strategic initiatives.
- Encourage and nurture a culture of innovation that will lead to better quality of life for residents and visitors.
- Balance the dissemination and exchange of data with preservation of data confidentiality and privacy.
- Provide the necessary data for non-governmental actors in order to support the economic and development plans of the emirate.
The strategy is based on 13 principles divided amongst:
- Data sharing and publication
- Data use and re-use
- Privacy, confidentiality and intellectual property.
Updated on 12 Nov 2018