In December 2014, the Department of health - Abu Dhabi announced Abu Dhabi Healthcare Strategic Plan. The priority areas include:
- reducing capacity gaps
- improving the quality of healthcare services, patient safety and experience
- attracting, training and retaining qualified healthcare professionals
- improving preparedness during emergencies
- ensuring value for money and sustainability of healthcare spending, including encouragement of private investment in healthcare
- introducing an E-Health programme as a facilitator for the other priorities.
Updated on 01 Oct 2017