In September 2017, the UAE Soft Power Council launched the UAE Soft Power Strategy during the Government’s Annual Meetings. The UAE Soft Power Strategy aims to increase the country’s global reputation abroad by highlighting its identity, heritage, culture and contributions of the UAE to the world.
The strategy is based on four main objectives. They are:
- to develop a unified direction for various sectors including the economy, humanities, tourism, media and science
- to promote the UAE’s position as a gateway to the region
- to establish the UAE as a regional capital for culture, art and tourism
- to establish its reputation as a modern and tolerant country that welcomes all people from across the world.
The strategy also includes six main pillars that together form the framework for the UAE’s public diplomacy:
- humanitarian diplomacy
- scientific and academic diplomacy
- ·national representatives diplomacy
- people diplomacy
- cultural and media diplomacy
- economic diplomacy.
Read news coverage relating to the launch of UAE Soft Power Strategy on The National and Gulf News.
Updated on 26 Apr 2018