In February 2018, the UAE government approved the National Strategy for Advanced Innovation. The new strategy is the updated version of the National Innovation Strategy and marks a new phase that is based on enabling people to shift from focusing on vital sectors to the goals and outcomes in seven areas:
- future skills
- quality of health
- living and life
- green power
- harnessing technology to serve humankind.
The innovation strategy aims to position the UAE among the world’s top leaders of innovation and to develop a type of thinking that encourages experimentation and taking well-thought-out risks to achieve the goals of UAE Centennial 2071.
The strategy also aims to:
- establish a national platform for innovation, communication and learning
- encourage the community to take the spirit of initiative
- try out new models of government for serving society
- test advanced economic patterns and lay the groundwork to create new sectors
- achieve scientific breakthroughs that focus on the welfare of people
- collaborate with leading international institutions and companies specialised in the field of innovation.
Read news coverage relating to the launch of National Strategy for Advanced Innovation on WAM and Gulf News.
Updated on 13 May 2018