National Cyber security Strategy
In the recent years, number of global cyber security incidents and reported data breaches increased significantly, resulting in annual global cost of millions of dollars. Impact of cyber security incidents extends beyond economic losses. Such incidents have negative impact on clients, services, reputation in addition to the direct economic impact.
Therefore, the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority is going to update the National Cyber Security Strategy to create safe and resilient cyber infrastructure in the UAE that enables citizens to fulfil their aspirations and empowers businesses to thrive.
The new strategy aims at the following:
- Providing confidence to citizens to securely participate in the digital world;
- Celebrating contributions to innovation in cyber security
- Fostering a culture of entrepreneurship in cyber security
- Enabling SMEs to safeguard themselves against most common cyber-attacks
- Protecting critical information infrastructure assets of the country
- Building a world-class cyber security workforce in the UAE.
Share your thoughts
We are waiting for your ideas and suggestions to meet all cyber security challenges and tackle all current and future issues related to cyber security. Help us identify strategy objectives, procedures to meet cyber threats, spread awareness and protect people from cyber incidents. Talk to us about the role of the community, private sector and government to tackle cyber security challenges.
Interested people are invited to share their thoughts to develop the UAE cyber security strategy to protect us from threats of the digital world.
After receiving your thoughts and comments to update the UAE cyber security strategy, the TRA will review them and make a draft with the new suggestions. The strategy will be finally updated, taking your thoughts and comments into account.
To participate in the poll click here